Breidden Hills Fell Race 21/10/12

AM 11k 690m. Just over the border from Shropshire into Wales. The race, on the Criggion estate, takes in three peaks: Middletown hill, Moel-y-Golfa and Breidden Hill. A mixture of terrains from boggy fields, fast grassy descents, forest trails, a few meters of road and a bit of rock thrown in.
I really enjoyed this race! Last did it in 2010, the day after running the Llangdale horse shoe, and didn't really give it all I had. This year I was able to put a lot more effort in.
 The weather was as forecast, with low lying fog, which made navigating interesting in the forest, and generally misty at low level, but fantastic views as we climbed through the cloud up each peak, where we could see the other peaks popping up through the cloud.  
After all the long runs I've done recently, where I've had to pace myself and conserve energy, it was nice to be able to push as hard as I could for the whole run. I finished the race in 1:17. A whole twelve minutes faster than 2010 and just about got into the top half of finishers(winner finished in :55). Pleased with the result.
Images with permission from Alastair of Fellrunningpictures

1 comment:

  1. Great run, well done! Looks like a great race. It is always nice if you feel you can push the pace.

    ReplyDelete