Wrekin Wrecker Fell Race 18/11/12

AM 12.9km 732m
The longer of the three races run on my local hill. Starts on one side, works its way halfway up, dives down to the bottom, round the other side, up and over, back to the original side, round a bit more, up and over again, then a long slog back towards the start. A bit dizzying really, but a great race with loads of variation in terrain.


Red, pink then blue
Thanks Andros.





Taken a few days earlier.
Organised Newport Running Club. Traditionally, a very generous race. You don't usually get much in the way of gongs in fell races, which keeps the cost down and is one of the things I like about fell running. Pay ya fiver, run over a few hills/mountains, go to the pub. NRC must have made a loss in previous years as the price had gone up to £8!!! Extortionate, but still worth it. And you do get some shizzle.


New black Buff to go with the green from a couple of years ago.
 There was a bit of pressure on me for this race. As well as my running buddy Alex, who is running well at the moment and was faster than me last time we ran this race, we had two fell newbie mates joining us. Steve, accomplished road runner and Tat, the contender.
I had a great run and I think the extra pressure helped, as I came in 14 minutes faster than 2010, in the top half of runners, and more importantly, ahead of the newbies.
Managed to avade photographer Alastair in the race but he caught me stuffing my face with chips



And snapped us all looking a bit "special" post race

4 comments:

  1. Nice race, well done! It is really beautiful there. I hate when newbies, especially those who are friends of mine, beat me. Lovely pics of you and the family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great family photo. Very special

    ReplyDelete