Langdale horse shoe fell race 10/10/09


The start




Someone running with a gold fish ? One of the front runners aswell . No body knows why .
Me struggling to get up another hill .

Great but hard race . 14 miles and 4000 ft of assent . The longest one I've done to date . My training partner had to drop out due to a mentle battle with his legs , which he lost . Halfway round the route the cloud came down to shroud the mountain tops with mist which made navigating very difficult . You couldn't see more than 20yards . I was lucky that I managed to tag along to a very experience lady called Mandy that had previously done the race 16 times and seemed to have a built in GPS which guided us through the murk . Thanks Mandy .
It took me 4hours and 7mins to get round .

No comments:

Post a Comment